This spicy sweet & sour pork is low on calories and with only a few ingredients very easy to make. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hoisin, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add carrots,bell pepper and sprouts. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- NOTE: During the last minute of cooking the vegetables add the garlic and salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet.
- Season pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add hoisin mixture and cook 1 minutes.
- Return vegetables to skillet, add green onions.
- Cook until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve over rice.
This recipe was adapted from the Eating Light 2013 magazine
Did you make this recipe? Pin it for Later!
Mention @Lady Behind the Curtain or tag #ladybehindthecurtain