Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe | Like eating a cold rich thick pumpkin pie. Fall is in the air and pumpkin is ranking supreme. Instead of serving pumpkin pie surprise everyone with pumpkin ice cream! Your guests will truly think they are eating pumpkin pie. In fact I would recommend adding a dollop of whip cream on top. For a little crunch and even more flavor, crumble some store bought peanut brittle on top. QUESTION: Why do we wait until Fall to have pumpkin?
Add this Pumpkin Ice Cream to your Fall Pinterest boards. Don’t have any Fall boards? Let me help you build one.
LOOK BELOW FOR A LIVE INTERACTIVE PEEK AT MY LBC – FALL/ THANKSGIVING RECIPES AND ENTERTAINING IDEAS BOARD! PIN FROM THE PICTURES BELOW! TO SEE MORE»»»»CLICK ON THE “SEE ON PINTEREST” BUTTON BELOW.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the milk, cream granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt to a medium saucepan.
- Heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Place egg yolks in a medium size bowl; while whisking slowly drizzle in half of the warm milk mixture.
- Transfer warm egg mixture to the saucepan with remaining warm milk; whisk to combine.
- Cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat; strain through a sieve.
- Stir in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (about 4 hours).
- Freeze pumpkin mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container (*I like to use a loaf pan*).
- Cover and freeze until firm (about 3 hours).
- Serve if desired with whip cream and brittle.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES