Strawberry Butter Frosting Cream | This easy to make frosting is not too sweet and is perfect as a frosting, but can also used as a filling for cupcakes and layered cakes. The star of this frosting (besides the strawberry jam) is the whipped topping (cool whip). It really makes the frosting light and tasty without a lot of sugar. Once the cupcakes are frosted they’ll need to be stored in the refrigerator.
When strawberries aren’t in season you can still make a delicious Strawberry Butter Frosting Cream!
To use as a filling for cupcakes, hollow out the center of each cupcake and spoon or pipe strawberry butter frosting cream into the cupcake or spread between two layers of cake for a layered cake filling. Again this is not a stiff frosting or filling so use it sparingly or….. once you add another layer of cake on top, all the filling will squish out. An easy solution is to leave an one inch border around the cake free of filling this will allow for some overflow and should meet at the edge of the layer.
TIPS FOR A LIGHT AND FLUFFY FROSTING
- Good ingredients “real” butter not margarine
- Room temperature ingredients
- Be patient…you’ll need to whip the frosting at least 3 to 5 minutes (sometimes I do this step twice). This will allow air to incorporate into the butter and create the lightness you want.
- That’s it! It’s really not as hard as you might think
Strawberry Butter Frosting Cream
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 5 cups powdered sugar
In a medium mixing bowl whip together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the strawberry extract and jam, beat until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the whipped topping and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy (another 3 minutes).
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPES
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER