Sweet Pie Dough | Add a touch of sweetness to your pie crust with this easy to make Sweet Pie Dough recipe. With just a hint of sweetness the sugar only enhances the dough flavor without taking away from the pie filling. Before you go on I must let you know….this is just a recipe. Since the Sweet Pie Dough can be used in many different types of pies or pastries the baking time will vary with each recipe.
I used this dough to make a fresh fruit tart and it was delicious. Instead of a graham cracker crust for your cheesecake try something new and make it with Sweet Dough. This recipe makes enough for two pies. Use half and freeze the rest for later. Or…. make a big slab pie or cobbler!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- In the bowl of a food processor; add the flour, salt and sugar.
- Pulse a couple of time to combine.
- Add the shortening and butter; pulse to break them up.
- In a slow stream add the cold water.
- Stop mixing when the dough comes together.