Cherry Cupcake Pie | One of my favorite ways to make a rich, moist and gooey pie is by using a secret ingredient that you can buy at the grocery store.
I’m thinking you guessed what the main ingredient is by the name of my pie. Yep, I used mini white cupcakes to make this wonderfully fun and unexpected pie. It’s the BEST of both worlds! Pie and cupcakes! Who could ask for more! 🙂
You would think the frosting on top would melt but instead it dries out and becomes crunchy meringue cookies.
Line a pie pan with a store bought pie crust.
Buy TWO containers of mini cupcakes
Cut cupcakes in half.
Add a layer of cupcakes (one container).
Top with cherry pie filling.
Finish with the remaining cupcake halves, pour custard over pie and bake.
Cherry Cupcake Pie
For the Cherry Cupcake Pie
- 1 store bought ready made pie crust
- 24 mini (bakery) vanilla cupcakes with white frosting
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 1 (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
For the Frosting
- 2/3 cup store bought ready made cream cheese frosting
- (optional) sprinkles
For the Cherry Cupcake Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non stick cooking spray.
- Gently unroll the pie crust to fit into the pan.
- Crimp the edges and set aside.
- Cut each cupcake in half and lay HALF down in the prepared pie plate making sure to fill any air pockets.
- Equally disperse the cherry pie filling.
- Top with the remaining cupcake halves.
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs, sugar ,vanilla and vinegar until well combined.
- Slowly pour the custard over cupcakes making sure to coat each cupcake with the custard and evenly distributing it.
- Bake 48 to 50 minutes or until the center when a knife is inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack completely before adding the drizzle.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle:
- Place frosting in a microwave safe small bowl, and microwave in 15 second intervals until frosting is melted.
- With a spoon drizzle melted frosting over pie
- If desired add sprinkles.
MORE PIE RECIPES