Today we’re serving up a big hot steaming bowl of Short Rib Vegetable Soup. You’re on your own with this one. I don’t have exact amounts on some of the vegetables. DON’T WORRY you can’t mess up this recipe!
- 2 packages of short ribs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- celery leaves, chopped
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can french cut green beans (or fresh)
- 1 can creamed corn or frozen
- 1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the short ribs in a large soup pot; add the parsley, celery leaves, onion, bay leaves, chopped tomatoes and salt to the pot.
- Cover with water.
- Boil for 30 minutes or until flavors combine.
- Then add the potatoes, celery, carrots, green beans (it using fresh) and add more salt.
- When potatoes start to become fork tender add the pasta, green beans and corn.
- Cook until pasta is done about 8 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and ribs.
- Cut meat off of ribs and add back to the soup.
- Serve with crusty sourdough bread.
MORE SOUP RECIPES