Almond Chicken with Strawberry—Balsamic Sauce: From the crispy chicken to the sweet—tart sauce this is one of my all time favorite weeknight recipes.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR
- Making your own almond flour at home is as simple as adding blanched almonds to your food processor or blender.
- One cup of slivered almonds=about one cup of almond flour.
- Only process one cup of almonds at a time. Blending more than that creates an uneven texture (you’ll end up with clumps of un-ground almonds.
The trick to getting fried chicken golden and done.
- It took me a long time to master fried chicken (we don’t eat that many fried foods). I was so paranoid about the chicken not being cooked through that most times I would get it too dark. This tip helped me on both ends of that problem. The solution is so obvious I’m a little embarrassed to share it…but here it goes!
- Fry the chicken to a golden brown and then finish cooking it in the oven. I know! Dah…..but here it is in case you need the info.
- Finish Cooking in a preheated to 350° oven, 15 minutes or until the juices run clear.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY—BALSAMIC SAUCE
- Sauté shallots until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves, vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
OTHER PRESERVE OPTIONS—Change up the recipe by swapping out the preserves.
- Cherry Preserves
- Apricot Preserves
- Pineapple Preserves
- Blackberry Preserves
- Raspberry Preserves