Baked Chicken Chili Relleno Recipe| Struggle no more about what to serve your guests at your next Fiesta party! This Baked Chicken Chili Relleno recipe is perfect! It can be made in advance and even better they’re baked so… no standing over hot oil and frying chili rellenos while your guests wait. Creamy on the inside and crunchy on the outside with a little kick. Typically deep fried this Chicken Chili Relleno recipe is a lighter version and is baked.
Make your own roasted chilies! Click here to find out how—->>>>ROASTED FRESH HATCH CHILE PEPPERS
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CHILI RELLENO
MORE EASY FIESTA PARTY RECIPES
- 6 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese, cut into 6 strips
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crush red pepper
- 8 ounces red bottled taco sauce
- 2 ounces jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pound chicken to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Combine cornmeal and taco seasoning mix.
- Place egg in another bowl and beat.
- Cut chilies in half lengthwise making six pieces.
- For each roll, place half of a chili pepper onto a chicken breast. Then add a strip of cheese and sprinkle on some cilantro and crushed red peppers.
- Roll up and dip into egg, then into cornmeal.
- Place chicken seam down in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat taco sauce sprinkle chicken with cheese.
- Serve with sauce.