Baked Chicken Chili Relleno Recipe| Struggle no more about what to serve your guests at your next Fiesta party! This Baked Chicken Chili Relleno recipe is perfect! It can be made in advance and even better they’re baked so no standing over hot oil and frying chili rellenos while your guests wait. Creamy on the inside and crunchy on the outside with a little kick. Typically deep fried this Chicken Chili Relleno recipe is a lighter version and is baked. NEW! NEW! NEW! PARTY SUPPLIES FROM LADY BEHIND THE PARTY (me)! Look below for all the details. ↓↓↓↓
DECORATE YOUR FIESTA PARTY IN STYLE! Take all the guess work out of planning a party! Everything is colorful and coordinated with a fun theme. One stop shopping is the way to go and at Lady Behind The Party, that’s exactly what you’re going to find. Whether you’re planning a Birthday Party, Wedding Reception or celebrating Cinco de Mayo this Let’s Fiesta Party Pack will set you up in style. It’s a Party in a Box! Look at the picture below for a sneak peek. There are over 25 Fiesta Party Supplies to choose from!
CLICK HERE AND SHOP NOW FOR GREAT PARTY SUPPLIES…. in my Etsy shop—->>>>Lady Behind The Party
You get all the flavor but not all the calories. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten a request to make this recipe. It’s one of the most asked for recipes from my family and I love making it for them since it’s so easy to make and more importantly NOT FRIED! Make you own roasted chilies! Click here to find out how—->>>>ROASTED FRESH HATCH CHILE PEPPERS
This Chicken Chili Relleno recipe has a little twist to it…. it’s baked! Can you tell I love the fact that I’m having to stand over hot oil and fry my chili relleno? Hahaha…. Great news! You can put it together in the morning and bake it right before time to eat. A VERY tasty dish! If you are searching for more great Mexican style dishes please visit my Fiesta Recipe Page!
For each roll, place half of a chili pepper onto a chicken breast.
Then add a strip of cheese and sprinkle on some cilantro and crushed red peppers.
Roll up and dip into egg, then into cornmeal. Place chicken seam down in a shallow baking dish.
- 6 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ounces canned whole green chilies
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese, cut into 6 strips
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crush red pepper
- 8 ounce red bottled taco sauce
- 2 ounces jack cheese, shredded
- Pound chicken to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Combine cornmeal and taco seasoning mix.
- Place egg in another bowl and beat.
- Cut chilies in half lengthwise making six pieces.
- For each roll, place half of a chili pepper onto a chicken breast. Then add a strip of cheese and sprinkle on some cilanto and crushed red peppers.
- Roll up and dip into egg, then into cornmeal.
- Place chicken seam down in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat taco sauce sprinkle chicken with cheese.
- Serve with sauce.
MORE MEXICAN RECIPES
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER