This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TinkandNeverbeast #CollectiveBias
This Fairy Garden Dirt Dessert Cups are a mixture of fudge chocolate pudding with cream cheese and whipped topping all topped with ground up chocolate sandwich cookies. I used silicone pots that looked like clay pots for this fun dessert. You can also use 4 ounce jelly canning jars or baby food jars.
How fun are these dessert cups! The inside is filled with crushed cookies a layer of chocolate pudding mixture and topped with more crushed cookies. To make this dessert even more fun I added rock candy, a gummy worm and a silk flower stem.
NOTE: THIS RECIPE WILL ALSO FILL A TRIFLE DISH.
If you need print outs of fairies HERE (link) is what I used.
- 1 package of chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 (3.9 ounce) boxes of chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, a room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- For the Dirt Dessert:
- Place one third of the cookies in a food processor; process until crushed.
- Dump into a bowl; add another one third of the cookies; process until crushed, dump into bowl with the other crumbs and continue with the remaining cookies.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pudding mix and the milk about 2 minutes or until the pudding starts to thicken; set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioners' sugar and continue beating until the mixture reaches a light and fluffy texture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding; stir to combine.
- Fold in the cool whip until combined.
- Add a spoonful of the crushed cookies into the bottom of whatever container you chose to make your dessert in.
- Add pudding mixture almost filling to the top.
- Sprinkle more of the cookie crumbs on top and add the optional toppings.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
To see how I displayed these delicious Fairy Garden Dirt Dessert Cups visit my Tinker Bell Woodland Party!