White Birthday Confetti Cake. This delicious semi homemade birthday cake recipe makes the perfect layered white cake. With just the right amount of density and flavor, no one will ever guess the recipe started with a cake mix! Covered with an incredibly delicious Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting that is so light and airy you will instantly fall in love.
Tips for making the perfect White Cake
- Egg Whites: Only use egg whites, No yolks. Not only will it keep your cake a beautiful white color but it will also ensure that the cake will be the perfect density and not weighed down with extra fat. Exp: Marshmallows and angel food cakes only require egg whites for the same reason.
- Sour Cream: Sour Cream keeps everything moist
- Room Temperature: Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. When ingredients are the same temperature, they bind together. If some on the ingredients are warm and some are cold, it creates a thicker batter and will take longer to bake.
What Extract Should I Use?
Can I Make This White Birthday Confetti Cake Into a Three Layer Cake?
Can I Make This Recipe Into Cupcakes?
HOW TO DECORATE WITH SPRINKLES
MORE SEMI HOMEMADE CAKE RECIPES
- GLAZED LEMON CAKE
- COCONUT LIME FIESTA CAKE
- ROCKY ROAD CAKE
- TIN CAN PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- HONEY BUN CAKE
- GOOEY CARAMEL CAKE
- HUMMINGBIRD POKE CAKE
- MASON JAR LID BLACK FOREST CAKES
- LEMON GOOEY BUTTER CAKE
For the White Birthday Cake:
- 2 (15.25) ounce boxes white cake mix (I used Pillsbury)
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the Silky Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting:
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 9 large egg whites
- 3 cups unsalted butter, softened (Yes...THREE CUPS!)
- ¾ cup sprinkles, plus extra for decorating the outside of the cake
- Link Below
For the White Birthday Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with flour in it baking spray.
- In a large bowl beat cake mixes, water, oil and egg whites until creamy.
- Add sour cream and almond extract and beat until combined.
- Divide batter among prepared pans.
- Bake 27 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans onto a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Spread reserved frosting with sprinkles between layers. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining Silky Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting.
For the Silky Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting
- Follow the link below for instructions on how to make this incredible frosting. →SILKY SWISS MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
How to Assemble the Cake: NOTE THE AMOUNT OF FROSTING FOR THIS CAKE HAS 2½TIMES THE ORIGINAL RECIPE.
- Reserve 2¼ cups of the frosting, stir in ¾cup sprinkles. Spread on top of the bottom layer.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Garnish with extra sprinkles as desired.
HOW TO TRANSFORM THIS TWO LAYER CAKE INTO A THREE LAYER CAKE:
The layers will be thinner then if you were to pour the batter into two
pans and the baking time is shorter. HERE'S HOW: Make the same, divide
the batter into THREE (9-inch) round cake pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.