Candied Orange Peel: An unusual sweet treat bursting with orange flavor. Orange peels are boiled in a simple syrup, tossed in sugar and laid out to dry. The orange peels become soft and gummy like your favorite orange wedge candy. The perfect portioned Holiday treat, you only need a few to satisfy your craving for something sweet.
How to Make Candied Orange Peel
The Many Uses for Candied Orange Peel
- CANDY DISH: There’s nothing that screams holidays then a candy dish full of homemade candy. Add this easy to make Christmas candy to your dessert table or scatter around the party room in candy dishes.
- CUPCAKE GARNISH: Chocolate and orange were made for each other. Make dark chocolate cupcakes, top with a sweet orange marmalade frosting and garnish with a candied orange peel.
- PARTY FAVOR: Package up these little treats to hand out at your holiday party.
- HOT TEA: Flavor and sweeten your hot tea at the same time. Add a cinnamon stick for a cozy cup of hot tea.
- HOT CHOCOLATE: Create your own Mexican Hot Chocolate! Add a few pieces of orange peel and a cinnamon stick. Transform a package of instant cocoa into something amazing!
Chocolate Covered Candied Orange Peel
- After the candied orange peel has dried
- Add melting chocolate to a microwave safe bowl ( I use Ghirardelli chocolate wafers), Heat on high 1 minute, stir until melted and creamy. If chocolate is not melted continue heating in 30 second increments at 60% power.
- Dip dried orange peel into the melted chocolate, place on a flat surface lined with parchment paper, (I like using a cookie sheet) if the room is warm, put in the refrigerator to harden or if not…the kitchen counter works too.
- PRESTO! The perfect fruity chocolate treat.