Semi Homemade Pumpkin Pie Truffles: These incredible little treats start with a WHOLE PUMPKIN PIE and are covered in dark or white chocolate! They are super easy to make and add a delicious twist to the traditional Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. Perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert table or a great solution for leftover pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie Truffles—the perfect fall treat!
What Pumpkin Pie Works Best
MORE PUMPKIN PIE OR PUMPKIN SPICE ALTERNATE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SEMI HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE TRUFFLES (printable recipe below)
- Bake as directed—let cool a few minutes.
- Use a fork to smash the pie and crust together, making sure to leave some chunks of pie crust.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool completely (at least 4 hours—preferably overnight).
- With a 1½ inch cookie scoop—scoop out pie into mounds, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper—freeze one hour.
- Roll into balls.
- Melt chocolate, cover balls with chocolate, place back on baking sheet, refrigerate to harden.
- In a back and forth motion add the drizzle topping.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.