Champagne Cupcakes | These fluffy cupcakes have just a hint of champagne and are topped with a delicious creamy frosting. Perfect for celebrating the New Year or a Bridal shower! Add a touch of elegance with a cute champagne glass on each cupcake with bubbles spilling out!
The Plastic Mini Champagne Glasses were purchased at my local Party City store. If you don’t have one near by you can also order them from Amazon: Clear Plastic Mini Champagne Glasses.
These fun Sugar Pearl Sprinkles make all the difference. They give the illusion of bubbles spilling out of the champagne glass.
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Champagne (any brand)
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
For the Champagne Butter Frosting:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons Champagne
- mini Champagne party favor glasses (optional)
- yellow sugar pearl sprinkles (optional)
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°; line 18 muffin wells with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another bowl.
- Beat butter until soft.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Mix in the Champagne.
- On low speed add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl add the egg whites, beat until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until combined.
- Fill to 3/4 full.
- Bake18-20 minutes.
- Completely before frosting.
For Champagne Butter Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy.
- Add vanilla and continue beating until combined.
- Add 1 cup sugar and mix together.
- Add half of the remaining sugar and half of the Champagne .
- Mix until creamy.
- Finish with the remaining sugar and Champagne.
- Pipe onto cupcakes.*I used a Wilton 1M open star tip*
- Add the Champagne glass and pearl sprinkles (optional)
MORE CUPCAKES RECIPES FOR CELEBRATIONS