Copycat Disneyland Matterhorn Macaroons | Make these super fun Macaroons for your next Disney themed party! These macaroons are piled high to honor or replicate one of the iconic rides at the Disneyland Resort….The Matterhorn!
One of my favorite treats in the Disneyland Resort and at only $2.99 each, they’re at a reasonable price too! Where can you buy this one of a kind treat? On Main Street USA at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Café. While mine don’t look as good as the Macaroons from the Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland they do deliver in flavor!
Aside from the Matterhorn being a fun ride did you know it was inspired bu Walt while he was vacationing in Switzerland (the real Matterhorn). He quickly grabbed a postcard of the mountain from a souvenir stand and sent it back to imagineer Vic Greene with the message, “Vic, Build This.” The ride opened on June 14, 1959…..and now you know. ♥
Fill an ice cream scoop level with the cookie dough, place on the circle and mold into a mountain.
Bake 28 to 30 minutes.
Dip cooled cookies into melted white chocolate or white candy melts.
Copycat Disneyland Matterhorn Macaroons
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups White chocolate or candy melts, divided
- Place coconut in a food processor and grind until the shreds of coconut are cut into small bits.
- In a medium saucepan, mix coconut, sugar, flour, salt, egg whites, vanilla and almond extracts until combined.
- On medium low heat cook the egg mixture (continuously stirring) until egg white turn from translucent to opaque and the mixture thickens (about 5 to 8 minutes).
- Transfer dough to a bowl and let cool (about 30 minutes) until it is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; draw circle on a piece of parchment paper one inch and three eights wide (I used a pipping tip), turn paper over.
- The batter is sticky so have a small bowl of water handy for dipping your fingers into.
- Fill a ice cream scoop, level (about 2 tablespoons), release into your hand, place on the circle that is drawn on the parchment paper and mold into a mountain shape, making sure the bottom of the cookie stays within the circle.
- Turn the oven down to 325°; bake 28 to 30 minutes or until puffed and lightly brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place 1 cup white chocolate or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl; heat until melted (about 1 minute).
- Finely chop the remaining ½ cup of white chocolate or candy melts; set aside.
- Dip the top quarter of the cookie into the melted candy; place back onto the parchment paper and sprinkle with the chopped white chocolate or candy.
MORE COPYCAT RECIPES FROM DISNEYLAND
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER