Momma Spider Halloween Pull Apart Cupcakes: Halloween just got super cute! Add some fun to your kid’s Halloween party with these Momma Spider Halloween Pull Apart Cupcakes. Dark chocolate cupcakes with an easy orange frosting. Everywhere you go you see these pull apart cupcake arrangements. I thought I would give it a try. I was surprised at how easy it was to create my own pull apart cupcake arrangement.
Add these fun cupcakes to your Halloween Pinterest board! Don’t have a Halloween board? Lem help you build one. Visit my board for awesome Halloween ideas to pin!
Put cupcakes in bunches of 7.
Add frosting in one solid layer.
Start in the cent and make circles.
Using a skewer draw from the center out to the edges. Decorate with spiders.
Momma Spider Halloween Pull Apart Cupcakes
For the Chocolate Cupcakes
- 15.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 12 ounce coke
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
For the Orange Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounce package orange gelatin
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Spider Web
- 16 ounce tub vanilla frosting
- black gel food coloring
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with 18 cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix and coke, beat until creamy and well combined; fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in muffin cups then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Orange Frosting:
- Whip together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the gelatin and mix until completely combined.
- Add the sugar, mix until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
For the Black Spider Web Frosting:
- Mix enough black gel food coloring into the tub of vanilla frosting to reach the desired color of black.
- Put cupcakes in bunches of 7.
- Using an offset spatula add frosting in one solid layer to the edges of the cupcakes.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with the #3 tip with the black frosting.
- Start in the center and make circles until the edge is reached. NOTE: I took this picture before I added a dollop in the center.
- Using a skewer or knife draw from the center out to the edges of the cupcakes.
- Do the same for the individual cupcakes.
- Decorate with spiders.
MORE HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES