I am all about syrup on my pancakes or waffles. This Cranberry Syrup is awesome not only on pancakes but is perfect on savory dishes too. Like my Slow Cooker Savory Waffle Bread Pudding.
Bottle up this gorgeous red syrup and add to a breakfast themed gift basket or serve it on top of my SLOW COOKER SAVORY WAFFLE BREAD PUDDING.
CHANGE IT UP! Swap out the cranberry juice for pomegranate and make a pomegranate syrup or better yet drop a sprig of fresh rosemary to the mixture before boiling to add a little savory to your sweet syrup. 🙂
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS CRANBERRY SYRUP TO YOUR HOLIDAY BOARDS!
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a medium saucepan stir to combine the sugar and water; add the cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil, stir until sugar has dissolved; reduce heat and boil uncovered 5 minutes or until reduced to 4 cups.
- Stir in juice.
- Add optional fresh cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS