Devil’s Food Cake with a Cheesecake Center: Celebrate your special day with a double treat! TWO DESSERTS IN ONE! Two layers of dark chocolate Devil’s food cake, a New York style cheesecake in the middle with a delicious caramel layer surprise.
How to Make Devil’s Food Cake with a Cheesecake Center
THE CAKE LAYERS: Follow the ingredient list and baking instructions listed on the box. Once the cake is baked, cooled and if need be trimmed, place one layer on the cake stand. Pour 1/3 cup of the hot caramel topping on top. NOTE: using hot caramel just mean the caramel is thicker then the normal caramel ice cream topping. It doesn’t mean that you literally add “hot” caramel to the cake.
CHEESECAKE: Now add the cheesecake layer. This is just a baked cheesecake without the crust. See the full recipe below with ingredients and instructions on how to make this wonderful creamy layer of cheesecake goodness. NOTE: My cheesecake was a little bigger then my cake even though they were both baked in 9-inch pans. So I trimmed some of the cheesecake to be the same size as the cake. Add more of the hot caramel to the top of the cheesecake. Place the remaining cake layer on top of the cheesecake.
DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Add a thick somewhat smooth layer of chocolate frosting to the sides, a little bit thinner to the top (you’ll be adding florets later). As an option, you can add the remaining caramel and some chocolate sprinkles to the top of the cake. NOTE: This will be a hidden surprise since it will be covered with frosting. Add the remaining frosting to a large pipping bag fitted with a 1M pipping tip. In a swirl motion add florets. If you need help with this step CLICK HERE—->>>>BEAUTY AND THE BEAST CUPCAKES.
How to Make a Crustless Cheesecake
Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil, place in a deep baking pan; set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy, add the sugar, combine.
Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; continue mixing until all lumps are gone and the mixture is smooth.
Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan.
Place in the oven; pour hot water into the outer pan; about 2 inches up the sides.
Bake in a 350° oven for 1½ hours, cool on a wire rack, cover and refrigerate overnight.
How to Change up the Flavor of this Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Cake
CAKE: It’s super easy to make multiple cakes with a cheesecake center. All you have to do is use different flavored cake mixes to create multiple cakes.
FILLING: The cake flavor will determine the filling. Below are a few of my favorite combos.
• FUNFETTI CAKE: Keep it simple, use a funfetti cake mix and add sprinkles to the cheesecake.
• STRAWBERRY: This could go a couple ways. First, use a strawberry cake mix and then add fresh strawberries or lemon curd to the layers. OR ADD BOTH!
• LEMON CAKE: The same goes for lemon cake as the strawberry cake. Create a Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberry Lemonade Cake!
• RED VELVET: Add hot fudge sauce to the layers or the red velvet cake.
• CARROT CAKE: Chopped or crushed VERY WELL DRAINED pineapple would be delicious.
• MULTIPLE COLORS CAKE: Use a white cake mix, divide the batter into two bowls, add a different color to each bowl of batter. Also add a coordinating color to the cheesecake batter for a colorful fun cake.
MORE SEMI HOMEMADE CAKE RECIPES
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER AND FOLLOW THE LADY BEHIND THE PARTY ETSY SHOP
THANKS FOR VISITING♥