The Best Devil’s Food Cupcake Recipe | This moist cupcake is rich with chocolate flavor. Whenever I need a chocolate cupcake I always make this recipe. I usually have a spare batch waiting for me in the freezer. Because….if I have to make one batch why not make two and freeze one for later.
Like I said above I usually have a batch of this batter in the freezer. It freezes beautifully. Use an ice cream scoop and divide into batches. Only want two or four cupcakes? Add 4 ice cream scoops of batter to a container and freeze or customize it to whatever size you need.
Also try my favorite VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with 36 cupcake liners.
- Whisk together cocoa and hot water until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt butter with sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to combine.
- Remove from heat, and pour into a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat until mixture is cooled, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add vanilla, then cocoa mixture, and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the sour cream, and beating until just combined after each.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.