Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream is the way to go for a quick and easy dessert. Not only is it quick and easy but it can also be made days in advance. Yep, pretty much a hostesses dream dessert.
I love how many strawberries are in this ice cream. My granddaughters love it with a scoop of chocolate ice cream on the side.
Perfect in a cone, as part of a banana split, a strawberry milkshake or on it’s own. My favorite suggestion would be to add it to my BANANA SPLIT BROWNIE PIE!
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl combine the strawberries, water and sugar.
- Stir and allow the strawberries to macerate for 2 hours.
- Separate the berries in half leaving as much juice in the bowl as possible.
- Mash or puree the berries that were left in the juice.
- In a large bowl mix together the milk, heavy cream, mashed strawberries in juice and vanilla.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the reserved strawberries and let mix in completely.
- The ice cream will be soft, for a firmer ice cream, transfer to an air tight container and freeze an additional 2 hours.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain