Fried Basil and Garlic Polenta Appetizer | This simple appetizer packs a lot of flavor with little effort and offers a little of the unexpected.
For this recipe I found precooked ready to heat basil and garlic polenta. If you can’t find this flavor you can also use regular. Also, I found it by the deli in my grocery store. It may vary from store to store but I would start looking there before roaming the aisles.
Slice the polenta into 1/4-inch rounds.
Dip and fry until golden.
Sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper.
For added flavor drizzle on your favorite store bought marinara sauce.
Fried Basil and Garlic Polenta Appetizer
- 1 (24 ounce) package of precooked ready to heat basil and garlic polenta or regular
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
Optional: salt and pepper
- Slice polenta into 1/4-inch rounds (about 24).
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet.
- Break eggs into a medium bowl and lightly beat.
- Pour bread crumbs into a medium bowl.
- Dip polenta slices into egg and then bread crumbs one at a time.
- Add dipped slices to hot oil (make sure not to crowd the slices).
- Fry on each side until lightly brown.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Heat marinara sauce and drizzle over cooked polenta rounds.
- Serve hot.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES