Easy to Make Party Banners: Decorating with a banner really adds to a parties atmosphere. But buying store bought banners can get expensive and finding one to match your color scheme is sometimes impossible. Scroll down for a collection of DIY Party Banners and Party Banners from my shop Lady Behind the Party♥
Flip Flop Aloha Banner
MINI PINATA PARTY FAVOR/BANNER/GARLAND
POM POM GARLAND/BANNER
EASY TO MAKE FELT PARTY BANNER
- SUPPLIES (printable version below)
- felt squares to match your color scheme (3 banner per square)
- a piece of cardboard (I used the back of a used up tablet) or card stock
- crochet thread
- needle with a large eye
- Determine how large you want each banner to be. Mine was 5-inches across the top and from top to the tip measured 6 1/2-inches.
- Cut your banner from the cardboard piece. With a pen trace the banner onto a felt square. I was able to get THREE on each square.
- TIP: I ONLY TRACED ON ONE SQUARE, LAID THREE UNDER THE TRACED PIECE AND CUT ALL FOUR AT ONCE. THIS REALLY SAVED ON TIME.
- Once all the banner pieces have been cut decide in which order the colors should go.
- Use the crochet thread as a tape measure and cut off the length you would like your banner to be. REMEMBER– to can make different lengths for over lapping.
- Once the string is measured, make a big knot at one end making sure to leave some thread for either taping or tying.
- I like the thread to go behind the banner so I start from the front right corner and come up through the left corner.
- Continue until you are almost to the end. Tie a knot at the end the same as the other end leaving some thread for either taping or tying.
- NOTE: IF USING CARD STOCK YOU MAY FIND IT EASIER TO PUNCH HOLES IN THE CORNERS BEFORE THREADING. NO NEEDLE NEEDED IF THIS WAY IS CHOSEN.
- Once you have your banner made you can add letters to spell out the them of the party or anything you like.