This Light Berry Frozen Yogurt has a soft and creamy texture.
The BEST guilt free last night snack!
I love making my own ice cream or in this case frozen yogurt. I can mix in my families favorite ingredients. Like berries! This recipe is VERY versatile. Use whatever fruit is in season to create a fresh, delicious and healthy frozen yogurt. You can also make my Light Vanilla Cherry Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. Full of cherry flavor and mini chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
- 18 ounces frozen mixed berries, thawed, pureed and stained to remove seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Us a hand mixer to combine the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, berry puree and vanilla until combined.
- Turn the ice cream machine on; pour the yogurt mixture into the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes or as your machine instructs.
- If you prefer the yogurt to be firm transfer the frozen yogurt to an airtight container and freeze for an additional 2 hours.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain