Put these slow cooker creamy ranch potatoes together, turn on the slow cooker, walk away and forget it! Yep, I’d say that is the perfect side dish for a busy holiday meal. These potatoes are so good and creamy. The ranch dressing mix gives this dish a wonderful flavor. Not just for lunch or dinner also perfect for brunch!
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, from bacon strips
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 10-3/4 ounce condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels. NOTE: Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Place potatoes in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Beat together the cream cheese, soup, milk, dressing mix and reserved bacon drippings until blended; fold in chopped bacon.
- Stir into potatoes.
- Cook covered on low 7 to 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Top with green onions.
This recipe was adapted from the Taste of Home September/October 2013 magazine
MORE GREAT SLOW COOKER SIDE DISH RECIPES