Maple Blackberry Orange Glazed Ham | Pump up the flavor of your holiday ham with a delicious glaze offering great maple and orange flavor. Perfect to serve at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or any special dinner! Make ham your centerpiece this year!
Start with a fully cooked spiral cut ham; bake for an hour and brush on glaze twice 15 minutes a part. the glaze can be made days in advance! Just re heat when ready to use.
Great as leftovers too! Add small chunks to your biscuit or scone batter.
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons seedless blackberry preserves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (8 to 9-1/2 pound) fully cooked bone-in spiral ham
For the Glaze:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, whisk together maple syrup, preserves, mustard, orange juice, and orange zest; cook over medium low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until preserves melt, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside.
For the Ham:
- Place ham, cut side down, on an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan, and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and brush glaze over ham.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- Baste twice 15 minutes apart
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing,
- Garnish with blackberries and orange slices.
MORE HOLIDAY RECIPES