Layered Corn Bread Salad | This salad makes such a nice presentation. Use a clear bowl with straight sides to show off the layers. The perfect size for a large get together. This salad is quite similar to the layered pea salad. If you’re needing to stretch your salad or just want to add a little some extra. I would recommend adding a layer of chopped lettuce to the top of the first layer of cheese at the bottom of the salad and add the dressing on top of that. I really LOVED the flavors of this salad!
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 10 slices of bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 3 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green and/or red sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package; cool, crumble and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and salad dressing mix; stir to combine.
- In a 3 to 4 quart glass salad bowl layer crumbled corn bread and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spread with half of the dressing.
- Layer in the following order: bacon, corn, the remaining 1 cup cheese, beans, tomatoes, sweet pepper, and the remaining dressing. Cover tightly and chill.