These generous size Morning Glory Muffins are filling, low in fat and only 165 CALORIES! Full of shredded carrots and dried fruit!
These Morning Glory Muffins are filled with everything you could ever want in a muffin! Carrots, applesauce, oats and dried fruit.
I made these for an Easter Brunch, they were a BIG hit! These muffins are perfect for any season. With the molasses for Fall and carrots for Spring.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup light (mild) molasses
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 medium carrots, shredded (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 standard muffin-pan cups, or line cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and oats.
- Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the applesauce, milk, molasses, brown sugar, oil and egg with a fork until blended. Stir in the carrots and dried fruit.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until the flour is moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin-pan cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 23-25 minutes.