Orange Cake Cookies: These easy to make chewy cookies start with a white cake mix. Perfect for a spring or summer event.
Orange is one of my favorite flavors but oranges dipped in chocolate? Is amazing! I developed these cookies to be served with my Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwich Bar. Two of these Orange Cake Cookies with a big scoop of chocolate ice cream is exactly what I wanted. Dress these cookies up a bit by adding a drizzle of orange glaze and serve them on a platter at a ladies luncheon, tea, baby shower or bridal shower.
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add cake mix, eggs, oil, orange extract and orange zest until well combined.
- Using 1 ounce cookie scoop, place cookies on prepared pans.
- Bake 10 to 12 minute or until the bottom becomes lightly brown.
- Slide the cookie still on the parchment paper either onto a wire cooling rack or onto the counter to cool completely.