Old Fashioned Cornflake Candy: This old fashioned Christmas candy has been around forever and is not only delicious but is fast and easy to make. With only a few easy to find ingredients this crunchy candy will fit perfectly on your holiday goodie tray. The combination of crunchy peanut butter and the crunch from the cornflakes make this candy different from any other holiday candy. Scroll down for add in ideas and how to make candy bars.
How to Make Old Fashioned Cornflake Candy
- INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- light corn syrup
- granulated sugar
- chunky peanut butter
- white chocolate
- shortening (optional)
- In a sauce pan, bring to boil corn syrup and sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in crunchy peanut butter and cornflakes.
- Mix well.
- Drop a tablespoon of candy mixture onto wax or parchment paper.
- Add white chocolate chips and shortening to a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave on high 30 seconds, stir, microwave another 30 seconds, stir and microwave an additional 15 seconds and stir until creamy.
- Use a fork to drizzle or pour into a squeeze bottle and drizzle over candy in a back and forth motion.
Modern Add Ins
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips