Pistachio Pudding Cookies: A delicious chewy cookie with a hint of saltiness from the chopped pistachios.
I needed a simple cookie recipe and found a box of pistachio pudding mix in my pantry. Adding a dry pudding mix to a cookie recipe creates a super moist and chewy cookie. I love the tough of saltiness the chopped pistachios and the crunch of the toffee bits. Perfect for picnics because there are no chocolate chips to melt! I served these cookies at my Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwich Bar. Oh boy were they good!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3.4 ounce Jell-o instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts , chopped
- Preheat oven to350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the pudding mix and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and blend until well mixed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients scraping sides and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the toffee bits and pistachio nuts.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, place cookie dough mounds on each prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Slid the parchment paper with the cookies on it off the hot cookie sheet and onto the counter to cool.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES USING A PUDDING MIX