Pistachio Triple Layer Bars: Light, cool and creamy. With a pistachio cookie crust, filled with a layer of cheesecake and topped with pistachio pudding. This dessert screams SUMMER! 😮
These pistachio triple layer bars are so light and fluffy. Almost like a pistachio cheesecake. The perfect summer dessert to serve at a wedding reception, bridal shower or baby shower.
YOU’RE IN TRIPLE LAYER DESSERT HEAVEN!
Pistachio Triple Layer Bars
For the Crust
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
For the Filling
- 2-1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 - 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 1 - 3.4 ounce package pistachio instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- garnish: chopped pistachios
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine butter and 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add flour and baking powder, beat until blended.
- Stir in pistachios.
- Press dough into bottom of pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
For the Filling:
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl at high speed until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl beat together cream cheese and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until creamy.
- Fold in vanilla and 1-1/2 cups whipped cream.
- Spread over baked crust.
- Refrigerate while making the third layer.
For the Topping:
- Stir together pudding mix and 2 cups of milk as directed on package.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain