Potato Salad Deviled Eggs are the perfect finger food at any celebration. I don’t know about you but to me it’s not a party without deviled eggs! I was asked to bring potato salad to a ladies function and decided to change it up a bit with these Potato Salad Deviled Eggs. Everyone was surprised when I showed up with deviled eggs instead of a bowl of potato salad. But once they tasted these they completely understood. 😉
When you think about it everything in deviled eggs is in potato salad. At least the base ingredients are. To make these fun deviled eggs I added chopped baked potato, celery, black olives and chives with a dill pickle wedge on top and an sprinkle of paprika. I don’t know why but I remember growing up there was always a sprinkle of paprika on the potato salad. I guess they thought it made it pretty? Now a days I add something fresh like chopped chives or parsley. Make this appetizer your own. Add or take away whatever you like. This is my version of potato salad…what’s yours?
- 6 large eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup baked potato, dice
- Cut all the eggs in half.
- Place the white portions on a platter and the yolks in a small bowl.
- Mash up the yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, celery, olives, chives, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Fold in the diced potatoes.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the center of the egg whites where the yolks once were.
- Garnish with dill pickle wedge and sprinkle with paprika.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES