Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Oatmeal | This creamy good for you breakfast will add fuel to your body and is great for a grab and go breakfast. Using the slow cooker is a great way to make oatmeal. No more standing over a hot pot and stirring for 40 minutes.
I love making this oatmeal on Sunday, separating it into portions for a weeks worth of ready made breakfasts for you and your husband! With the freshness of crisp apples and the sweetness of dried cranberries. Make the perfect hearty wintertime breakfast.
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 cups apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the water, oats, vanilla bean, apple, cranberries, almond extract, sugar, cinnamon and salt into a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 hours.
NOTE: Be sure to use steel cuts oats for this recipe as regular oatmeal will not hold up to this length of cooking.
MORE OATMEAL RECIPES