Depriving yourself of chocolate is never a good thing when you’re trying to lose weight or keep track of your sugar intake. These Spicy Dark Chocolate Apricots offer a little treat for those days when you just HAVE TO HAVE CHOCOLATE! At only 51 calories for two they will totally help with your craving and not break the calorie bank.
Not just for watching your weight. These little apricots are also perfect for entertaining. With a little kick of spice they are perfect at your next Mexican dinner or like my Fiesta Party.
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ( 7 or 8 ounce) package of dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Add the chopped chocolate to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave 1 minute, stir and continue in 30 second increments (stirring in between) until chocolate is fully melted and creamy.
- Dip each apricot half way into melted chocolate and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle ground chile pepper on dipped apricot halves.
- Set aside to set (about 1 hour).
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
Amount Per Serving Calories 512
MORE LIGHT TREATS