Strawberry Marshmallow Filled Chocolates | These easy to make chocolates are the perfect way to say “I Love You”. Bag up a few and put them on your sweeties desk for him to discover on Valentine’s Day.
To make these delicious candies I started with a Wilton heart truffle mold. I bought mine at Michael’s, if you can’t find it there, you can order it from Wilton Heart Truffle Mold. I also used my favorite melting chocolate from Chocoley (any kind of melting dark chocolate will do).
The last thing I used was something I found yesterday ( yes, I said yesterday. I couldn’t wait to get started creating with this) from Cost Plus International Market and that was Strawberry Flavored Fluff! If you don’t have a Cost Plus you can also use regular marshmallow cream. But if you do… I would highly recommend you getting some!
Place a teaspoon of melted chocolate into each heart well.
Using a clean paint brush push the chocolate up the sides of the mold; making sure the sides and bottom are completely covered.
Turn candy mold upside down on the prepared cooling rack, lightly tap to let any excess chocolate drip out.
It will help get the marshmallow cream out easier if you spray your spatula with non stick cooking spray.
Use a spoon and fill over the top with the remaining melted chocolate.
- 3 cups dark chocolate melts, divided
- 1 (7.5 ounce) jar of strawberry fluff
- Put a piece of wax paper on the counter under a wire cooling rack.
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl.
NOTE: I only heated 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate at a time.
- Heat 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir until melted and creamy (about 30 seconds).
- Place a teaspoon of melted chocolate into each heart well.
- Using a clean paint brush, push the chocolate up the sides of the mold; making sure the sides and bottom are completely covered.
- Turn candy mold upside down on the prepared cooling rack, lightly tap to let any excess chocolate drip out.
- Turn right side up, put in the refrigerator 10 minutes to harden.
- Meanwhile fill a large zip top bag with the marshmallow cream.
- Take the hardened chocolate out of the refrigerator, snip one corner of the filled zip top bag and pipe about a tablespoon of marshmallow into each heart well.
TIP: Make sure the filling is BELOW the top of the mold.
- To flatten the filling, lightly moisten your finger and press down.
- Use a spoon and fill over the top with the remaining melted chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator until hardened.
- Carefully turn over on the counter and press to release the filled chocolates.
This recipe is from Lady behind The Curtain
MORE CHOCOLATE CANDY RECIPES