The Best Orange Pound Cake: Triple the orange flavor, this orange pound cake offers everything you love about pound cake with a burst of orange!
Triple the Orange Flavor!
How to Transform one batter into different cakes
- One batter recipe FOUR CAKE ideas
- Orange Pound Cake (original recipe)
- Chocolate Chip Orange Pound Cake (original recipe, add mini chocolate chips to the batter)
- Cranberry Orange Pound Cake (original recipe, add dried cranberries)
- Blueberry Orange Pound Cake (original recipe, add fresh or frozen blueberries)
Can the pound cake be frozen?
HOW TO MAKE TRIPLE ORANGE POUND CAKE
- INGREDIENTS (FOR THE CAKE)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons orange zest (about 4 oranges)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (use the oranges from the zest)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- INGREDIENTS (FOR THE SYRUP)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- INGREDIENTS (FOR THE GLAZE)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- OPTIONAL: orange zest as garnish
- DIRECTIONS (FOR THE CAKE)
- Scroll down for the full printable recipe ingredients and directions.