Bourbon Pumpkin Muffins: These super moist muffins are made with pumpkin, a hint of spice and a touch of bourbon. Warm up with the spices of Fall and bourbon! Don’t like bourbon? Don’t worry I have included a version without bourbon for you too! The cinnamon sugar offers a perfectly crunchy top and the pumpkin gives a moist center. These amazing cinnamon muffins will fit into any Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast or brunch buffet.
What’s the Secret to Light and Fluffy Muffins?
Why I Love these Cinnamon Sugar Bourbon Pumpkin Muffins
How to Make Bourbon Pumpkin Muffins
THE BATTER: In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, whisk to combine. In another large bowl whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and bourbon. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
THE TOPPING: In a small bowl combine sugar, walnuts and cinnamon.
THE BOURBON ICING DRIZZLE: In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, bourbon and water.
WITHOUT BOURBON: In both instances (batter and icing) substitute water for the bourbon.
ICING DRIZZLE SWAP OR NOT?
- MAPLE ICING DRIZZLE: Instead of making a Bourbon Icing Drizzle, add a drizzle of maple icing. Substitute maple syrup for the bourbon PLUS ½ teaspoon of maple flavoring.
- CINNMNAON-SUGAR TOPPING: Don’t want an icing drizzle? For added flavor and crunch, simply sprinkle the baked muffins with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
How to Freeze Baked Muffins
- Prepare batter and bake muffins
- Allow muffins to cool down to room temperature
- Add icing drizzle
- Place cooled muffins in a container with a tight fitting lid
- Stays fresh up to THREE MONTHS.
- TO HEAT
- Remove the frozen muffin and warm up in the microwave for 30 seconds