These Peach Crumb Cake Muffins are not only a cake but also offer a cobbler like center. Serve these muffins at your next brunch, Easter morning, Mother’s Day or make them for a bake sale. A spicy muffins filled with peaches with a nice crumb topping.
I’m so excited I can have peach cobbler for breakfast without any guilt! The perfect treat for out of town guests.
Peach Crumb Cake Muffins
For the Muffins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 21 ounce can peach pie filling
For the Crumb Topping
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
For the Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin cups with 19 liners.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Add flour, baking powder,salt and cinnamon; beat well.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Dough will be thick.
TIP: Have a small bowl with water to dip your fingers in to help smooth the dough. Dip fingers in water and spread dough to the edges of the muffin cup liner.
- Spoon some of the pie filling on top of the muffin batter.
- Add another tablespoon of batter on top of the peach pie filling. Dip fingers in water to spread the dough to the edges of the muffin cup liner. Use an off set spatula to smooth out the top.
For the Crumb Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, butter, pecans and nutmeg, until well mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over top of muffins.
- Bake 25 minutes.