Golden Harvest Muffins. Incredible muffins filled with the flavors of fall. With the warm spice of cinnamon and delicious ingredients like fresh apples, carrots, coconut and nuts. These amazing apple spice muffins have everything you could ever want in a muffin. Serve these golden harvest muffins at a brunch, breakfast buffet or bake a batch and store them in the freezer for a grab and go mid morning snack.
- REDUCE THE SUGAR: You can either reduce the amount of sugar from 2 cups to 1½ cups or use a sugar substitute like Splenda.
- REDUCE THE OIL: Replace ¾ cup of oil with unsweetened applesauce. Why applesauce? Because it will keep the muffins moist without all the added saturated fats.
THE BEST APPLE FOR THE JOB
HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN HARVEST MUFFINS
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
- Add apples, carrots, coconut, and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Add oil, milk, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir until moistened.
- Fill 36 muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pans.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES
- BREAD PUDDING MUFFINS
- MORNING FLORY MUFFINS
- EGGNOG MUFFINS
- PEACH CRUMB CAKE MUFFINS
- GLAZED LEMON CURD MUFFINS
- BLUEBERRY BRAN MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN LATTE MUFFINS