These Golden Harvest Muffins are one of my families favorites. I love that the recipe makes 36. That’s enough so I can freeze some.
A little bit of Fall packed into a muffin! These golden harvest muffins are packed with EVERYTHING! The spices of fall, apples, carrots, coconut and nuts! YUM! Since this recipe makes 36 muffins you can freeze half of them by placing the muffins on a cookie sheet and into the freezer until frozen then transfer to a zip top bag. Want to dress up these muffins for a brunch, tea or company? See below for my Cinnamon Cream Cheese Butter recipe.
Golden Harvest Muffins
You're going to love the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Butter.
For the Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 4 cups (5 medium) shredded, peeled apples
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
For the Muffins:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
- Add apples, carrots, coconut, and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Add oil, milk, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir until moistened.
- Fill 36 muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pans.
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Butter:
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until well blended and creamy; add the cinnamon and confectioners' sugar, beat until combined.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain