Homemade Fluffy Marshmallows. Light and fluffy made with only a few ingredients. Take hot chocolate and s’mores up to the next level. Pack some up for a camping trip or just sitting around the fire pit in your backyard. Scroll down to find out how to make different sizes and flavors of these incredible Homemade Fluffy Marshmallows.
I LOVE these HOMEMADE FLUFFY MARSHMALLOWS
- There’s nothing like a homemade marshmallow
- Extremely easy to make
- Takes hot chocolate and s’mores to a whole other level
- Light, fluffy and so addicting!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FLUFFY MARSHMALLOWS
- In the mixing bowl stir together gelatin and ½ cup cold water—set aside.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE WHISK ATTACHMENT.
- In a medium saucepan combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, remaining ½ cup water and salt.
- Insert a candy thermometer.
- Over medium high heat bring to a boil—continue cooking until the syrup reaches 240° (soft ball stage), with the mixer on low, slowly pour the syrup into the mixer bowl, One speed increase at a time (this to keep the hot sugar in the mixing bowl) quickly work your way up to high.
- Whisk on high 14 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, continue to mix on high 1 minute.
- The mixture should be opaque and tripled in volume.
- ***WHILE THE SUGAR IS MIXING PREPARE THE PAN***
- In a medium bowl whisk together ¼ cup cornstarch and ¼ cup powdered sugar.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch metal pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cornstarch mixture over the entire surface.
- Moving the mixture around until all of the sides and bottom are coated.
- Turn pan upside down and shake out any excess.
- NOTE: You can try to save this mixture for the marshmallows but I found it was a lot easier to just start over for the marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the remaining ¼ cup cornstarch and ¼ cup powdered sugar; set aside.
- Spray an off set spatula with non stick cooking spray.
- Quickly pour and spread marshmallow mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle some of the cornstarch mixture over the top (reserve the rest for later), let the mixture sit without a cover OVERNIGHT.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan, turn upside down (you might have to pull it out of the pan) onto a cutting board sprinkled with some of the remaining cornstarch mixture.
- Cut into desired size.
- TIP: The best tool for cutting are scissors.
How to Change the Flavor of your Homemade Fluffy Marshmallows
- Flavorings and extracts work beautifully to create some delicious flavors. All you need is a teaspoon!
- Transform this recipe into chocolate marshmallows by adding ¼cup of unsweetened cocoa to the sugar mixture and swapping out the cornstarch for cocoa powder.
How to Make Different Sizes of Homemade Fluffy Marshmallows
The best tool for cutting marshmallows is…..
More Marshmallow Recipes
- COTTON CANDY FLAVORED MARSHMALLOWS
- PEPPERMINT MARSHMALLOWS
- OLD FASHIONED MARSHMALLOW FILLED ICE CREAM CONES
MORE TREAT RECIPES
- OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES
- STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM FLATBREAD
- FRESH RASPBERRY MOUSSE
- ALMOND JOY BROWNIE BITES
- BABY FOOD JAR S’MORES