Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble Muffins: These incredible semi homemade muffins start with a can of store bought cinnamon rolls and blueberry pie filling. Easy to make and perfect for an Easter or Mother’s Day brunch. Sliced store bought cinnamon rolls filled with blueberry pie filling and crumble, topped with a crumble and icing drizzle.
Is it a Cinnamon Roll or a Muffin?
More filling and topping options
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Apple Pie Filling
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Pineapple Chunks
- Preserves (apricot, blackberry etc.)
- Dried Cranberries
- Caramel (drizzle)
How to freeze these Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- Spray jumbo muffins tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Prepare muffins (slice, place in the pan, add filling and crumble to the center and top crumble).
- If baking the muffins within a week, reserve the icing, otherwise, discard. When ready to bake the muffins make icing for the drizzle (scroll down to see how).
- Freeze muffins in the tin. When completely frozen, pop out of the pan and store in a freezer safe zip top bag.
- When ready to bake, place frozen muffins in the jumbo muffin tin the night before, cover with plastic wrap, thaw in refrigerator before baking.
How to make drizzle topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
CREATE A BRUNCH MENU
MORE SEMI HOMEMADE RECIPES
How to make Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- 2 (17.5 ounce) Grands cinnamon rolls (5 rolls each)
- 1 (21 ounce) blueberry pie filling
For the Crumble:
- 1/4 cup butter, cold
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
For the Icing Drizzle:
- the can of icing with the cinnamon rolls
For the Cinnamon Rolls:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously spray a jumbo muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- As gently as possible separate cinnamon rolls.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll horizontally in half.
- Place the bottom half of each roll into the prepared muffin tin.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the pie filling.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of crumble.
- Place the top of the cinnamon roll on top of the pie filling and crumble, press top down.
- Add another tablespoon of crumble.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, run a knife or off set spatula around the edges to release the sides and continue cooling an additional 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Take the lid off the icing and microwave 5 to 7 seconds.
- Drizzle on cooled rolls.
For the Crumble:
- In a small bowl add the butter, flour, sugar and pecans.
- Using your fingers blend the crumble together until well combined.