Cake Donut Truffles…..Hmmmm since these truffles have actual donuts in them does that mean I get to have them for breakfast? These Cake Donut Truffles are exactly that. Sinfully made with creamy melted white chocolate, cream cheese and pieces of cake donut holes. DELICIOUS!
It’s all about the chocolate. I used my favorite white chocolate from Chocoley. It melts super easy is creamy and delicious! Now onto the donut holes. I used Entenmann’s pop’ems glazed cake donut holes. I cut the donut holes into quarters and gently folded them into the truffle mixture.
Once the truffle mixture has hardened it’s easy to scoop out into balls. I love how you can see the chunks of donuts in the truffles.
Cake Donut Truffles
For the Truffles
- 8 ounces white chocolate pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 12 glazed cake donut holes, quartered
For the Chocolate Covering
- 12 ounces white chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup shortening
Optional Crumb Topping
- 5 glazed cake donut holes, crumbled
For the Truffles:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the white chocolate and butter.
- Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth, (about 1 minute total) stir 30 seconds or until melted and creamy (be patient it will happen).
- Stir in nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Beat in white chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Fold in donut pieces.
- Cover and chill until mixture is firm enough to roll (about 4 hours).
- Roll mixture into about 24 (1-1/2-inch) balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator while you make the covering.
For the Chocolate Covering:
- Line another cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the white chocolate pieces and shortening.
- Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 1 minute total).
- Using a fork, dip each ball into melted white chocolate mixture and spoon the melted chocolate over the whole truffle..
- Shake off excess, and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- IMMEDIATELY SPRINKLE ON THE DONUT CRUMBS
- Let truffles stand until white chocolate set.
MORE TRUFFLE RECIPES