These Ancho Chile Truffles have a little surprise waiting for you. A silky chocolate truffle with a little kick. These Mexican inspired truffles are like no truffle you’ve ever tasted! Chocolate candy at its BEST! At first, you will get a creamy full flavored chocolate , then WATCH OUT because just as you think oh this isn’t very spicy IT HITS!
What is Ancho Chile and How Spicy is it?
The Ancho Chili is in fact a Poblano Chili before it’s dried. Once dried it becomes an Ancho Chili. The Poblano is a mild chili pepper and is great roasted.
Don’t have a serving tray for your truffles? Use an old frame instead. Just paint it to match your color scheme and you’re set!
Chocolate and Spice
- VANILLA CAKE WITH MEXICAN CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- CAST IRON MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BLACK FOREST CAKE
- MEXICAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- SPICY DARK CHOCOLATE APRICOTS
MORE TRUFFLE RECIPES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS EGGNOG TRUFFLES
- CAKE DONUT TRUFFLES
- DARK CHOCOLATE COOKIE BUTTER TRUFFLES
- CHOCOLATROUGE WINE TRUFFLES
- BLUEBERRY LEMON TRUFFLES
- DARK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- EGGNOG TRUFFLE FULLED CHOCOLATE TURKEY
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chile
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile
- In a medium sauce pan combine cream, the 1 tablespoon ancho chile pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let the spices steep for 2 hours.
- Reheat the spicy cream mixture just until boiling.
- Add pieces of chocolate.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours or until set. (you can let it chill overnight too)
- Using a small 1-inch ice cream scoop, scoop chocolate mixture into balls.
- Roll balls between palms of your hand to smooth the surface.
- Place on a waxed paper line cookie sheet.
- Chill for another 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the 1 cup unsweetened cocoa and 1 1/2 teaspoons of ancho chili.
- Roll balls in coca mixture.
- Place balls on a parchment paper or wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill until serving time, up to 2 hours.