Carnitas Burrito Bowl | Slow cooked pork with seasoning of chili, cumin and oregano along with great ingredients like fresh lime and orange juice! No more going out for burrito bowls! Now you can make them at home! This recipe calls for a 7 pound pork shoulder! Enough for a Fiesta party or freeze some for later and get multiple meals out of one! ENJOY this copycat version of Chipolte’s Carnitas Burrito Bowl!
To make a true delicious burrito bowl you’ll need to make all the layers of flavor. Starting with rice, beans and corn. Click here for the recipes—->>>>STOVE TOP PAN ROASTED CORN, INSTANT POT EASY MEXICAN RICE and CREAMY INSTANT POT REFRIED BEANS OR EASY MEXICAN RICE and SLOW COOKER REFRIED BEANS.
Cut the roast into two pieces. Half this recipe, cook as directed. Take the other half, place it in a slow cooker, pour your favorite jar of chili verde sauce over the meat and cook on low until tender enough to shred. Two delicious burrito options with one piece of meat!
CARNITAS FOUR WAYS!
- Sprinkle cooked meat on top of a pizza for a Mexican Style Pizza.
- Add the carnitas to a pile of tortilla chips and create delicious nachos.
- Add slices of meat to bread along with sliced dill pickles, ham, cheese and mustard. Heat and serve up a Pork Cuban.
- Split a large baked potato, add toppings of onion, sour cream, salsa, jalapeno and shredded pork for a wonderful Mexican stuffed baked potato.
- 7 pound pork shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 58 ounces chicken broth
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- assorted toppings: tomato, lettuce avocade, sour cream, and cheese
- One recipe Mexican Rice (link below)
- One recipe Refried Beans (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 400° . Place pork in a roasting pan. Add broth/stock, onion, garlic, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cover and bake 2 1/2 hours or until tender enough to shred. Remove pork from pan and shred. Return back to the pan with the juices for a more moist roast.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
MORE FIESTA RECIPES
Want more ideas for a Fiesta? Click here for over 90 recipes—->>>> FIESTA PARTY RECIPES.
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER
More burritos bowl recipes you might like. EASY AND DELICIOUS ONE POT BURRITO BOWLS and CHIPOTLE’S CHICKEN BURRITO BOWL WITH CILANTRO LIME RICE.