Instant Pot Easy Mexican Rice | Get ready to make the BEST Mexican Rice you’ve EVER made in 12 minutes! Better than restaurant rice, simple and tasty. This Instant Pot Easy Mexican Rice is perfect as a side dish, in a burrito or a burrito bowl. So the next time you’re planning a Mexican meal remember you can have your side dish ready in minutes.
If you haven’t joined in on the Instant Pot Kraze….don’t worry I also have a stove top version of this recipe. Click here for the recipe—->>>>EASY MEXICAN RICE. Here is a killer refried bean recipe that is also prepared in an instant pot. Click here for the recipe—->>>>CREAMY INSTANT POT REFRIED BEANS
TRUE STORY: When my son was young and had rice at a restaurant I would tell him that the peas in his rice were just decorations and they didn’t taste. When he got old enough to realize that wasn’t true this is the rice I started making him. That was 20 years ago! Recently I made it for his wedding reception. ♥
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups water
- Set instant pot for sauté; heat oil in bottom of pot, add the rice and cook until some of the rice is lightly brown.
- Add garlic; continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and water; stir to combine.
- Lock lid in place; make sure the pressure valve is closed, press rice button (the setting should be on low pressure and for 12 minutes).
- When timer goes off switch pressure valve open for a quick release.
For Brown Rice:
2 cups brown rice
2½ cups water
Use the manual setting and set on high 15 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release (about 10 minutes)
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER