Classic Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies. An easy to make, melt in your mouth cookie that has been rolled in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Not only are these classic cookies delicious but they are also a soft cookie that will stay chewy for days. This recipe is by far the ultimate snickerdoodle recipe!
How to make Soft Snickerdoole Cookies
- Use butter not shortening
- Slightly under bake the cookies
- Leave the cookie dough in a mound
Is Cream of Tarter a Necessary Ingredient?
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC CHEWY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt. Whisk together; set aside
- To a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and butter, beat until creamy.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the butter mixture. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap down the sides.
- Use a 2½ ounce cookie scoop for the cookie dough, roll into a 1½ inch ball, roll in the cinnamon sugar topping, place on prepared cookie sheets.
- DO NOT FLATTEN
- Bake 13 minutes
You don’t have to wait for the dough to chill!
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES
- OUTRAGEOUS BROWN BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- DARK CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW COOKIES
- PECAN SANDIES WITH PRALINE FILLING
- CLASSIC CHEWY HOMEMADE OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
- OATMEAL TRASH COOKIES
- BROWN BUTTER GLAZED PECAN CRESCENT COOKIES