This Super Moist Carrot Cake recipe is full of freshly grated carrots, pineapple, coconut, pecans and for extra moistness buttermilk! Wonderfully moist and perfectly spiced, this cake is 100% made from scratch right down to the delicious spoon licking creamy cream cheese frosting!
About the ingredients
- CARROTS: You can shred your own carrots but I have found that using shredded carrots from the produce department at my grocery store works and tastes the same.
- PINEAPPLE: Fresh vs Canned-whenever you can use any fresh fruit that should always be the first choice. However make sure that if you choose to use fresh pineapple that it is ripe and sweet (canned pineapple is sweet). Finely, chop and drain (like you would for the canned).
What Makes a Moist Cake
Skip the crumb coat with these easy time saving tips
- Make the cake a day or more in advance
- Freeze layers, wrap each layer in plastic wrap and foil
- Label cake layers
- Frost the cake while it’s still frozen-this makes handling the cake a lot easier and in most cases without crumbs
MORE CARROT CAKE CREATIONS
- MINI CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKES
- OVERNIGHT CARROT CAKE OATMEAL
- CARROT CAKE POPS
- MINI CARROT CAKES
- BAKED CARROT CAKE DONUTS
- CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICH
- CARROT CAKE COOKIES
- CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE
- SEMI HOMEMADE CARROT CAKE SQUARES
- CARROT CAKE CINNAMON ROLLS