Light Cranberry Orange Pancakes | If you love the flavors of cranberry and orange then you are going to love these pancakes. Made with wheat flour and just a touch of white flour makes these pancakes healthier than most recipes. Packed with so much flavor you won’t even need syrup. 2 – 4-inch pancakes are 155 calories. (1/4 cup of batter)
You can use dried orange peel instead of fresh and add more cranberries for extra flavor. When I make this recipe I usually triple the recipe. I can get 36 pancake from using a 1/4 measuring cup. So I freeze 2 dozen and keep the other dozen in the refrigerator. To re heat just toast in a toaster. They come out nice and crispy that way. You can also use the microwave but I like the way they turn out by using a toaster better.
Light Cranberry Orange Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat free evaporated milk (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup refrigerated egg product
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon shredded orange peel
- Combine wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix together.
- Make a well in the center and add the evaporated milk, egg product, butter and vanilla;mix until well blended.
- Add cranberries and orange peel.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a preheated griddle.
MORE HEALTHIER CHOICE BREAKFAST RECIPES