This easy shrimp scampi recipe delivers a definite taste of lemon with a touch of wine. A light a easy meal makes for the perfect summer dinner.
Don’t like shrimp? Substitute chicken strips for the shrimp. Still just as tasty and delicious.
- 1-1/2 pounds colossal shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Peel shrimp (I buy easy peel)
- In a large skillet on medium heat melt the butter and add the oil.
- Sauté the shrimp 5 minutes or until pink in color.
- The last minute of the 5 minutes add the minced garlic.
- Sauté for the remaining minute.
- Salt and pepper shrimp.
- Stir to combine and to prevent the garlic from getting brown.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, wine and chicken stock.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with brown rice.
This is a LBC original!
MORE GREAT SHRIMP RECIPES