Easy S’more Cupcake Recipe | Bring back childhood memories of sitting around the campfire singing songs and roasting marshmallows with these fun easy to make cupcakes. They are my absolute favorite cupcakes. I love the graham cracker bottom and the marshmallow frosting is simply the best! You don’t have to be a professional baker to make something out of this world delicious.
This cupcake is the perfect treat for picnics, backyard barbecues but…….I LOVE serving them for Father’s Day! Topped with a sweet little Hershey’s kiss really sends this cupcake over the top on the cuteness meter. Another one of my favorite S’more treats is my S’more Cheesecake.
Fill with cake batter to three-fourths full.
For even more added fun I used Special Chocolate Kisses!
Easy S’more Cupcake Recipe
For the Bottom Layer
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cake Layer
- 1 (15.25 ounce) chocolate fudge cake mix, plus ingredients on the box (oil, water and eggs)
For the Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow créme
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
For the Garnish
- graham cracker crumbs
- extra dark Hershey's kisses, unwrapped
For the Bottom Layer:
- Line muffins cups with paper liners and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Spoon into the bottom of each cup.
- Press into an even layer and set aside.
For the Cake Layer:
- Prepare according to the package directions.
- Spoon batter into the cups half full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 5 minutes; remove and set on cooling racks to cool completely.
For the Marshmallow Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the marshmallow créme and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Gradually add the sugar; beat until combined.
- Pipe or spread on cupcakes; garnish with a sprinkle of cracker crumbs,add a kiss to one side.
This recipe was adapted from the BHG Cupcakes magazine
MORE CUPCAKE RECIPES