White Christmas Vanilla Swiss Cake Roll. A white cake, with buttercream filling all encased in a white chocolate ganache and festive Christmas sprinkles. When it comes to Christmas desserts this White Christmas Vanilla Swiss Cake Roll is at the top of the list. Scroll down to see how you can make this delicious cake roll weeks even months in advance of your party! ! Scroll down and watch my “HOW TO MAKE A CAKE ROLL” video to see how easy it really is!
Need a little help?
They don’t look like it but making a cake roll is really easy to do. Be confident…I know you can do it! You will impress everyone this Christmas when you unveil your White Christmas Vanilla Swiss Cake Roll! Click here for step by step instructions and video—->>>>HOW TO MAKE A CAKE ROLL.
Why I love this White Christmas Vanilla Swiss Cake Roll
- Beautiful presentation
- Perfect for hosting a party
- Has a great WOW factor
- Can be made way in advance of the party
- Change up the flavor with different fillings and toppings
How to make a Cake Roll
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray a 15 x 10 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray—line with parchment paper and spray the paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add ¼cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored (about 3 minutes).
- Add dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form (about 3 minutes).
- Gradually beat in remaining ½ cup sugar on high until stiff flossy peaks form (about 3 minutes) and the sugar is dissolved.
- Fold a fourth of the egg whites into the batter; fold in remaining whites.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Spread until even
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes
How to Assemble a Cake Roll
- Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Roll towel and cake into a spiral, start from a short side of the cake.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Unroll cake; remove towel;
- Spread cake with Buttercream Filling to within ½-inch of the edges.
- Roll up cake; cover with a layer of plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze until ready to serve or served immediately.
How to Make a Cake Roll Video
Can the White Christmas Vanilla Swiss Cake Roll be frozen?
How to freeze a cake roll
- wrap rolled cake in a piece of plastic wrap
- wrap a layer of foil on top of the plastic wrap around the cake roll
- label and freeze
More Cake Roll Recipes
- CARAMEL BANANA CAKE ROLL
- PUMPKIN CAKE ROLL
- STRAWBERRY MALLOW CAKE ROLL
- RASPBERRY CREME CAKE ROLL
- LEMON CREME CAKE ROLL
- HALLOWEEN VANILLA SWISS CAKE ROLL
- CANDY CORN VANILLA SWISS CAKE ROLL